Helping parents to proactively understand the enabling power of technology and mobile communications, but also how to mitigate the sometimes unintended consequences of high risk or undesirable online behaviour.
This webinar serves as a 101 introduction on the many different subjects for families staying safe and private online. We address the immediate concerns and solutions caregivers can implement to raise digitally literate adults.
Our program is not just about internet safety, it’s also about digital citizenship and literacy, online ethics, online critical thinking, and the challenges surrounding privacy, cyberbullying, and what we can do now to protect their digital footprint. The goal of our programs is not to instill fear or negate opportunities, rather the goal of our program is to enlighten, empower, and enable to make informed online choices. We show how to build a positive online reputation.
Presenter Darren Laur's Bio can be found here:
Date: Wednesday, January 6th 2021 @ 7:00pm
• The research on the positives and negative the internet provides
• Challenges youth today face online
• Technology as a distraction
• Media overconsumption
• Online predators
• Challenges parents and caregivers face
• Each person’s personal digital footprint
• How online information is collected and used
• Opportunities technology provides
• Data tracking & collection
• App privacy
• Personal online legal consequences
• Concerning signs to look for
• Sleep concerns
• Account management
• Nudes and sexting
**You will receive a link to join this event by email 1-2 days prior to this event. **